Thursday 15 July 2021

All For a Few Photos - Day 7

Another lazy day! 

Before coming away I’d made tentative arrangements with one of the TOGs (Terry’s Old Geezers and Gals) to meet up for coffee, which we’d firmed up for today. We’d never actually met before (this isn’t unusual in this modern virtual world) but ended up chatting for well over two hours! It was a pleasant way to spend some time and good that we could meet up, albeit in an outdoor socially distanced way. 

The other aim today was to try and get some better photos of the castle to enter in a calendar competition. I think the ones I took in the afternoon are an improvement as the haze had burnt off and the sun was in a better direction. We’ll have to see when I get home and view them on a computer but I’m sure something will work. The only disappointment was the sky was a bit flat as I tried some B&W shots as well but I don’t think they’ll amount to anything. 

Something I have decided is that if I ever do realise the dream of moving to BC it’ll have to be a property at the top of the hill - the riverside flats are all very well but you’d need to be fit! 😀

I needed a bit of shopping so popped in to Morrisons and one butchers then noticed another butchers advertising hot pork rolls. One of those went down very well, sat on the castle green, and it came with loads of proper cackling, delicious. The shopping didn’t help the walk back to site though as I had two medium sized bottles of Coke in the rucksack. 😕

A different view of the castle:




And BC at play!



No comments:

Post a Comment