Friday 9 July 2021

All For a Few Photos - Day 1

My latest trip is back to the North East, primarily to get some photos for the latest model railway build which is based in Sunderland. I’d planned, moved and finally cancelled the visit last year so I’m relieved Covid has settled down sufficiently to actually get there. 

The first couple of days are with a Facebook Berlingo Camper group at a site near Northallerton. There’s supposed to be about 35 ‘vans, which proves how popular they are. On the way I broke the journey at Newark Air Museum - it’s an interesting place, provided you like planes and helicopters! It was good for a couple of hours wander with coffee and cake in the middle. Unfortunately from there the A1 was a bit of a nightmare, nothing specific just the usual Friday busy, with a couple of delays. I also made the mistake of a pit stop at Wetherby services, heaving but necessary. 

Since arriving on site I’ve broached the beer stocks and chatted to a few people, that’s probably going to be the theme until Sunday. I’d like to pop down to the town tomorrow morning but it’s just a bit further there and back than I can easily walk, they’re digging up the place so the ‘van is out and the road is fairly busy and narrow which makes me reluctant to cycle. We’ll decide in the morning, or I might just stop on site and not bother. 

There’s only really one photo I can include today, although far from being the rarest plane in the collection (I could go and look at another Vulcan when I’m in Sunderland, apparently it’s in better condition than last time I was there). 






No comments:

Post a Comment