Saturday 10 July 2021

All For a Few Photos - Day 2

Where nothing much happens! 

After yesterday’s report I spent the evening sitting round the fire pit with fellow campers supping a few beers, it was an enjoyable time but unfortunately I also found a problem - when I returned to collect another pint I found the fridge had stopped working due to a low battery. Given the combined efforts of the solar panel and drive up it’s fairly clear the battery isn’t holding charge very well. I’m not entirely surprised, in hindsight I really should have removed it during the last 18 months and charged it regularly. 

From tomorrow I’ll be on hookup anyway so it was only today that was the problem. Fortunately once the solar panel kicked in this morning the battery had enough life for the fridge to run during daylight (which means I  have cold beer). There’s only the milk that’s likely to spoil, and that’s easily replaced, so I decided against a panic run to Halfords for a new battery; I’ll replace it when I’m back home. 

That’s really about as exciting as it’s been all day! In the end I decided just to stay on site but with poor weather, including some rain that wasn’t forecast, I’ve just been sitting around reading with occasional chats when I have ventured away from the ‘van. 

I’m posting this sat sitting back by the fire pit with a can or two of Tanglefoot, it’s dry but a little chilly however there are few better ways to spend an evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment