Tuesday 23 May 2017

Musings - C2C Day 4 1/2

While sat sitting here with a cold beer watching the world go by I've come to some conclusions about the new campervan.

On the positive side:

Having a seat long enough to stretch out on while reading, drinking, etc. is a huge gain. It was probably the single biggest issue with the previous Daihatsu 'van.

The compressor coolbox, despite being expensive, is great. Apart from being much better insulated anyway it is so much more efficient than the thermoelectric ones, and much quieter. I left it running on the leisure battery the last couple of days while out without it draining the battery (it's got a variable voltage cutout, even at the highest setting it hasn't triggered). Having nicely chilled beer is a real bonus.

The LED lights I added are near perfect. The bright strip light is great for when sorting things, cooking, tidying, etc. but too much when relaxing. The warm white SMD tape however is just right of an evening when reading and boozing.

The throw I bought from Dunelm for the seat is great. The cream leatherette looks ok but you don't half stick to it wearing shorts in warm weather!

The downsides:

Obviously the mains electric not working is a nuisance. It's not a huge issue to sort I don't think, I suspect a wire has come loose. As the 12v also needs improvement I'll sort both together.

The curtains aren't great. A couple of extra press studs will help, and I think I can live with them.

Storage space is an issue. It's just about adequate for a week away. I think a roof box is on the shopping list.

No comments:

Post a Comment