Monday 29 May 2017

C2C - The End

On the Saturday morning I moved on from the site to an Essex marina for a river festival. I was sleeping on a yacht rather than in the camper van but I was then due to drive home on the Monday.

Unfortunately a family emergency meant an urgent return home on the Sunday which brought proceedings to a premature end for us, and meant a bit of rushing around to and from hospitals. Hopefully all is sorted now though and I can still get away on the next trip very soon.

Apart from the problem with the mains electric, and the improvements I still want to make to the 12v side, the camper behaved well. Storage is an issue, but it's manageable. I'll have another run through what I'm carrying and decide if there's anything I can leave out.

I was pleased with the driving of the Berlingo, it cruises happily at 70 so is a bit quicker than the Daihatsu. I also did a check on the fuel consumption over the holiday, is was about 37.7mpg including a mixture of long and short runs, that's around 15% better than the Daihatsu which will help with holiday costs.

No comments:

Post a Comment