Sunday 21 May 2017

First Night - C2C Day 1

Yesterday was the first day of my Coast to Coast trip (I'm starting at a boatyard on the South Coast and ending at one on the East Coast). It was also the first night away in the new campervan.

I must admit the Berlingo is a much better motorway driver than the Daihatsu was and I had a good trip down to the boatyard, via a farm so for a few bits I'd forgotten. The test of the day was fairly boring, just eating, drinking and talking! The party was to celebrate James the Red Engine, nothing to do with Thomas, but a shiny new red Beta diesel in a boat, well it was a good excuse.

Setting the 'van up for the night is easy enough, a bit quicker than the old one, but the bed is much more comfortable. It's nice to have a flat, reasonably wide, bed for a change. The only thing I would like is curtains that keep more light out but it's not such a problem that I'll change them. I might get the press stud kit out though and secure the tie backs, considering he'd gone fairly mad securing the curtains that seems a bit of an omission.

I'll report more over the next few days as I get used to things. First signs are positive though.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Glen, I have blackout blinds in my Berlingo Camper, they stick on with suction thingies and shut out all the light. (I have an Amdro conversion)
    Sue (I'd rather be on Jemima D)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue,

    They're certainly an option but I thought I'd see how I get on.

    Glen

    ReplyDelete