Monday 22 May 2017

Give me Power - C2C Day 2

It looks like you'll have to do without photos this trip on the blog, network connectivity just isn't good enough.

Day 2 started with a lovely breakfast at the boatyard (which was near Chichester by the way, I forgot to say that earlier) before I drove inland to Hollycombe Steam Collection. It's a slightly odd place with a mixture of railway, farm and fairground steam. I did have a couple of train rides, on the miniature Garden Railway and the narrow gauge Quarry Line.

Other highlights included a double acting beam engine from a farm power plant and the fairground organ. It's well worth a visit I think. It was also their Miniature Steam day, in other words they'd invited people with models of traction engines, etc. to come along and drive up and down! The engineering on many of these is fantastic.

Having had a decent day I headed back towards the coast to the CMC site Rookesbury Park site North of Fareham. Booking in went as smoothly as usual, I get little hassle from the wardens as the quickly realise I know what I'm doing. Setting up I hit the first snag with the new camper. In all the work on the 12v systems I didn't actually get round to testing the mains. Plugged in on site to find the socket doesn't work. Power is getting in as the trip test works and I've checked the immediately​ accessible things so that'll have to wait. It makes charging things slightly more complicated but the main use would have been for the coolbox. I'm really pleased with the compressor coolbox, it would have been a real problem without the mains trying to keep a thermoelectric one cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment