Tuesday 12 September 2023

Normal Service - Day 4

Subtitle: A Soggy Day in Buxton Town

It’s rained fairly solidly from yesterday afternoon right through which has created a couple of problems. Both roof vents in the campervan have leaked slightly, so I’ll have to tackle that when I get home, but the worst problem overnight is my own fault - the curtain on one of the sliding doors got trapped leaving a corner outside, this then soaked up the water and it wicked through to inside! No damage done, just a few annoying drips. I think the worst affected item was my microfibre towel which was slightly annoying when I had a shower. 

My plan has always been to walk down into Buxton and in the end I did so, setting off when I thought the rain had lessened a bit, I’m not sure it actually had! 


Spot the campervan! 

On a nice day it would have been a pleasant walk, as it is all I’ll say is I got there! Breakfast was provided by one of the cafes, very nice if a little pricey, and I had a wander round. Scriveners Bookshop would have held my attention for longer but unfortunately I haven’t the storage space in the ‘van to really explore their 5 floors of books, as it was there was nothing particularly special to buy. 

After coffee in one of the pubs I did the little bit of shopping I actually needed in the butchers before meeting friends for a very pleasant lunch and a chat. We’ve made arrangements to meet up again tomorrow for a bike ride - it looks the only decent weather for the rest of the week unfortunately so I’ll be looking for indoor attractions for Thursday and Friday. They also kindly dropped me back at the caravan site so I’m settling in for the rest of the day with the small fan heater going. 

No comments:

Post a Comment