Saturday 29 September 2018

An Expensive Week!

It was annual service time for the campervan, and at 11 years old I decided a cambelt change was also due. The service itself wasn't too expensive, unfortunately they couldn't do the cambelt at the same time so that meant two successive Saturday morning visits to MK. They also picked up that there was uneven front tyre wear indicating a tracking fault. I wasn't surprised as the 'van has tended to pull slightly to the left.

A garage near to work offers laser wheel alignment so I booked for that and two new tyres. It took two attempts for them to get the steering wheel centred (it's still very slightly off) but they certainly made an improvement. I am going to have to watch my speed though. Rebalancing the front wheels has eliminated the slight vibration that used to come in at just on 70mph which has removed a useful warning!

The cambelt change took a bit longer than I'd hoped so the planned coffee with friends led on to brunch as well! All told it's cost me around £700 but I don't reckon that's too bad. The tracking is the only non-routine expense and I doubt I'll ever have to do the cambelt again.

No comments:

Post a Comment