Sunday 21 May 2023

Yorkshire Again

This weekend was the annual meet up for a Berlingo Facebook group at Sentry Circle, just outside Northallerton. After being away so much recently I was in two minds about going and only made my mind up on Thursday when I went shopping. I’d left the ‘van ready to go, and was pleased to see that the previous fridge problems have been cured as it was running off the solar all week. 

Having declared POETS day on Friday I got away at a reasonable time but still hit some traffic issues. I trusted to TomTom and ended up diverting from the M1 across the M18 but then I further diverted, ending up back on the A1 via the A19 and M62; I could have stayed on the A19 but with it being rush hour I followed instructions. Friday evening was spent around the fire pit with a beer or three, the site owner provided us with a load of scrap wood, offcuts from the building trade, at no charge which was generous of him. 

Saturday I walked into Brompton village, largely just to get out for a while. Inevitably I ended up in a pub for a pint, I was just leaving when friends from the meet arrived so it would have been churlish not to join them for a drink. You could tell it was a dog friendly pub, the water for Eddie the JR arrived before the beers did! Saturday evening was back around the fire pit, with a quiz to liven things up (I came second, largely due to my lack of modern music and film knowledge). 

Having been woken early by the resident cockerels I was away from site by 8am; due to roadworks on the A1 the SatNav was initially suggesting the M1 again but having stopped at Wetherby services for some breakfast I did a recalc and decided the extra few minutes were acceptable to go my preferred way - it was a bit stop start for a few minutes but overall a smooth journey home. 

There’s no real conclusion from the trip, the ‘van behaved OK, beers was consumed, end of story! I’m not sure when I’ll be away again as it’s dependent on outside factors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment