Monday 2 May 2022

Spring Update

Before I blog the first trip of 2022 here’s a quick update on the winter. 

The ‘van was serviced and MOT’d without any significant problems so hopefully we’re good for another year. I’ve now replaced the failed leisure battery, I did consider a lithium battery as I could get more useful energy and less weight in the same space but at the moment they’re still 3-4 times the price per Ah so stuck with the old technology. By the time I’m looking for a replacement ‘van I’m hoping the price will have fallen considerably. 

The unexpected job was fixing the water - when I tried it lots of water came out, just not from the tap. Access is a pain, involving lifting the whole cooker/sink unit but the fix was simple, the hose spigot had detached from the tap as it was just a push fit. A liberal amount of epoxy should prevent a recurrence. 

I’ve been experimenting with adding storage and improving the inside arrangements, with the aid of the 3D printer, but things haven’t worked out yet so I’ll report more later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment