Monday 2 August 2021

Woodhall- Day 2

There’s not really a lot to report! 

After breakfast I wandered down to the town and had a look round, spending some time photographing the Dambusters Memorial. The sun wasn’t really in the best place and I did go back later in the day for a couple more photos. 



Coffee and a tea cake were, eventually, procured after my debit card wouldn’t authorise, which is always a bit worrying. It was fairly clear it was a computer glitch somewhere and Apple Pay worked after another short delay. The debit card worked fine later in the day, putting my mind at ease. 

Another wander followed and a sit down by the only extant remains of one of Woodhall’s railways, before I decided it was beer o’clock. 



The track clearly isn’t original but the path follows a line of old sleepers. 

The first of the friends I was meeting arrived as I was most of the way down a pint so we found our restaurant table and basically spent the next few hours chatting, eating and drinking. The gammon steak was quite salty, which wouldn’t suit a lot of people, but it was all well cooked and tasty; the other dishes looked good as well. 

Having gone our separate ways I took a few more photos then strolled back through the woods to the caravan site. Woodhall is a nice small town (or large village, not sure which) and I got quite a few good mornings from people in passing which is always a good sign. There’s a surprising amount of green space with a few small pockets where you can sit for a while, as well as the extensive woods and the larger Jubilee Park. I’ll happily return again if we have another event here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment